Sunday, December 1, 2013

Ozeri INSTAVAC Green Earth Food Storage Containers




I was super excited to be chosen to review the Ozeri Instavac Food Storage Set. I know they would be perfect for us because with my large family we usually buy in bulk. Even if when we don't buy in bulk, I think of those little salad/lettuce bags. I love having lettuce on hand but I hate throwing away a bag of lettuce because it turned brown in what seemed like over night.  Another pet peeve of mine we always crave a certain fruit or vegetable at the store but get home and "forget" to eat it. Before I know it, it's rotten and I'm throwing it away. That is so much money wasted.   We also have this problem with our animal's food so the containers were perfect for me to try. They preserve food for longer because it has a valve that reduces air volume so naturally occurring bacteria is less able to grow, in turn food stays fresher longer.  


Other features that make the Ozeri containers unique are the date dial which helps track the number of days in storage. In theory this feature is amazing, in actuality I didn't remember to change the dial every day so.. well didn't help me.  The bottom of the containers are in a wave pattern which manes the cut fruits  and vegetables won't site in the water and juices, that is great because I'm sure that is part of the reason they stay fresher longer. They are also microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe.How many times have I washed something in the dishwasher only to pull it out and see "Hand wash only" oops but really I hate to hand wash anyway. 




The tops are great they don't leave you fighting to make sure they are closed. I have bowls that I practically have to sit on before I "think" they are closed. Then I get to the refrigerator hit the self and it dumps everywhere. These tops have four snap down sides so all you do is clasp them and the container is closed correctly. 

As I mentioned before we waste a lot of those bag salads so that is how I tested these bowls. I dumped a bag of one of those salads in the bowl, "squeezed" the air out, and sealed it. Then as usual, and not meaning to I forgot about it. I opened the bowl four days later and the lettuce was still incredibly crisp which is amazing. The leaves were a little brown but it was in no way rotten so they really do work. I love that they are very compact and fit perfectly in the refrigerator. Even with the button on the top they are easy to stack with other containers. I can't wait to use them for other foods! 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment