About Me

My photo

Hi thanks for visting my blog, I'm a full time working mother and animal rehabber from the South. Please see the about me page for more.My blog is very PR friendly so If you are interested in having me review your product please feel free to contact me at alwaysblabbing@hotmail.com

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Strange Beauty Treatments - Bird Droppings Facial



I avoid the news like the plaque but for some unknown reason my hubby wants to watch it everyday!  So I am forced to sit there and play on my phone or tablet while he watches the news. Torture.. well not really but I like to fuss about the news being on.  Occasionally something catches my attention. Like the story the other day. The anchor lady said next up a "Bird Poo Facial" Wait!! Did she really just say what I think she said?? Rewind that.. Yes she did.

It appears someone has discovered bird droppings are good for the skin. Somewhere a person is lying in chair waiting for bird poop be to smeared all over their face. The best part, people are paying $180 for an hour long facial message with it! I was appalled, amazed, and  disgusted by the thought of having bird poop put on my face but of course I was intrigued and had to listen.

So this is the deal it's a Japanese tradition and it is not just any bird poop it is imported from Japan SANITIZED and milled into a fine powder.  Just like any other facial it lot of ingredients to brighten, soften and nourish the skin the main ingredient being uguisu no fun (nightingale droppings) .  I couldn't help but laugh because I nightingale droppings doesn't sound as harsh as nightingale poop but it boils down to the same thing.

I am not sure what i think about this treatment because I know if woman came out looking twenty years younger I would think about going gather my own bird poop and give myself a facial. Oh wait they warned us not to try it at home.  So I guess we can still freak out if a Pigeon drops a bomb on us in our home town because it just won't be the same. After all the treatment is nightingale droppings, not pigeon.

What are you thoughts on a Bird Droppings Facial? Have you tried one? Would you try one/

Pictures are not mine, they were found on a Google Search. 

3 comments:

  1. Lol, I think I`d have to pass on having a bird poop facial! Just....Ewwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but no thanks. No droppings smeared on my face!

    ReplyDelete