Wednesday, August 9, 2017

What's the hype about Silicone Makeup Sponges?



So I jumped on the band wagon and ran to try the silicone Makeup Sponge that everyone is raving about. I was excited to find one at a decent price and it was super cute with pink flower design!

When I first got it in I was very curious how it would work. Unlike traditional sponges this has a slippery sleek feel to it. There is nothing getting absorbed but I think that's the point. That makes it a lot easier to use much less makeup than usual.  But old habits are extremely hard to break and of course my first application I put way to much foundation.






I found that the foundation was never really blended it was just spread across my face. That's not necessarily a bad thing but I did need to use a traditional sponge to finish my look. To me it seems the makeup sits on top of my skin instead of being applied to my skin. Hopefully the pictures above will help explain what I mean.

Overall I don't love this sponge and don't use it often. It's not at all what I expected and I was pretty disappointed. For now I prefer to use a brush or traditional sponge for my makeup application. This would be okay for touch ups or even concealer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment